The Maureen E. Russo Nonprofit organization, also known as Team Maureen, core mission is to improve the lives of women and families affected by cervical cancer by generating support and funding for the most promising cervical cancer research while raising awareness regarding the benefits of Cervical Cancer/HPV prevention and early diagnosis and treatment through educational outreach.
Being educated about HPV and the importance of screenings are the keys to preventing cervical cancers. Team Maureen is dedicated to educating students, parents and the community about the connection of HPV to cancers of the cervix, head and neck, penis and anus. Take our self quiz to get the facts!
- Monday, January 23, 2017 Wider Racial Gap Found in Cervical Cancer Deaths
- Tuesday, December 13, 2016 HPV Cancers in Men Take Off
- Tuesday, December 13, 2016 HPV Vaccine is Cancer Prevention for Boys, Too!
- Tuesday, December 13, 2016 HPV and Cancer: Causes and Prevention
- Tuesday, December 6, 2016 Human Papillomavirus–Associated Cancers — Morbidity and Mortality in the United States, 2008–2012
Did you know?
Cervical cancer is the 2nd most frequent cancer in women in the world.
90% of cervical and anal cancer is caused by Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
HPV also causes nearly 59,000 cases of cancer of the head, neck, anus, penis, vagina and vulva.