HPV matters for everyone, but the LGBTQ community experiences health care disparities.
- LGBT youth are more likely to be sexually active, to have earlier sexual debut (before age 13), and have 4 or more sexual partners.
- LGBT youth were about half as likely to have used a condom at last intercourse (35.8% vs 65.5%).
- HIV positive men who have sex with men (MSM) are 80 times more likely to develop anal cancer than HIV negative men.
- Lesbian and bisexual women are up to 10 times less likely to have cervical screening.
- Only 27% of trans men reported a pap smear in the previous year