Video link below
This FREE presentation was offered for DENTISTS, HYGIENISTS, DENTAL ASSISTANTS and DENTAL STUDENTS on August 18th, 2020. A video of the presentation is available below, however it cannot be used other than for personal informational purposes. And continuing education credit is not available for watching the video.
National expert, Dr. Alessandro Villa, DDS, PhD, MPH, discussed:
- Epidemiology of Oral HPV infections and Cancers
- New FDA expanded approval for the HPV vaccine
- HPV Risk factors/Symptoms
- Intra-oral and extra-oral examination
- The Role of the Dental Professional in HPV-related Cancer Prevention.
This event was offered free of charge thanks to the support of Cape Cod Healthcare's Strategic Grant program.
The Dental HPV Education Program’s purpose is to educate dental professionals about the connection between HPV and oral, cervical, and other cancers. Dental professionals are provided with resources to encourage, and prepare, them for conversations with patients about HPV-related cancer and the HPV vaccine as a cancer prevention tool.This tool kit for dental offices includes materials and resources that can be reproduced and distributed at no cost. The kit includes:
- reproducible brochures for patients on HPV,
- an office poster,
- a resource sheet for dental professionals with “tips for talking to patients”,
- a reproducible "Rx pad" with information on the HPV vaccine,
- and CDC reference materials.
DOWNLOAD THE TOOLKIT BELOW (Following your download, you may be asked to offer feedback on the materials. Your email and contact information will not be shared with any third party.)
The download also includes the toolkit in Russian and Spanish. Portuguese translations are coming soon thanks to generous support from the Academy of General Dentistry.
Cancer Prevention Through HPV Vaccination: An Action Guide for Dental Health Care Providers
Oral HPV Prevention Taskforce
- Rosie Wagner
- Alessandro Villa
- Eileen Lind, Team Maureen
- Kelly Welch, Team Maureen
- Devan Carr, DFCI
- Jill Seaman, Advocate
- Cynthia McReynolds, MA Chapter of AAP