The Maureen E. Russo Nonprofit organization, also known as Team Maureen, core mission is to improve the lives of women and families affected by cervical cancer by generating support and funding for the most promising cervical cancer research while raising awareness regarding the benefits of Cervical Cancer/HPV prevention and early diagnosis and treatment through educational outreach.
JUST RELEASED! WATCH HERE!
Watch our new HPV educational video, You've Gotta Do it Now, starring residents and cancer survivors from across the Cape and produced by Brian Switzer.
Being educated about HPV and the importance of screenings are the keys to preventing cervical cancers. Team Maureen is dedicated to educating students, parents and the community about the connection of HPV to cancers of the cervix, head and neck, penis and anus. Take our self quiz to get the facts!
- Tuesday, May 30, 2017 Sweetening connection between cancer and sugar
- Wednesday, March 15, 2017 Dancing With The Docs Fundraiser
- Friday, March 3, 2017 Oral HPV Infections and the Role of the Denal Professional
- Thursday, February 16, 2017 What you should know about Cervical Cancer
- Friday, January 27, 2017 Prevalence of Genital Human Papillomavirus Infection
Did you know?
Cervical cancer is the 2nd most frequent cancer in women in the world.
Almost all cervical and anal cancer are caused by Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
HPV also causes nearly 59,000 cases of cancer of the head, neck, anus, penis, vagina and vulva.